Dick Morris is one of those guys that is able to see things so often for what they are and the speak it from the top of the mountain for all to hear. Compromise works in some cases – like if one friend wants to go for Sushi and the other for Thai and they decide to do sushi tonight and Thai this weekend. That's good and harmless compromise. In the case though of running a country, you need to pick a path and push it hard – seems to work just fine for the Democrats. Read this great piece by Dick Morris:
If the Republican party wants to have any sort of future they need to ignore the idea of trying to appease the Left. Going down the middle of the road gets you hit by a car. I do not consider myself a Republican because part of me thinks at this point Elephant or Donkey it's often all the same really, but here is some free advice for them nonetheless:
Wake up – listen to your base and go for it. Stop with the wet noodle approach.
Here are 10 things the Republicans need to do to do to revive themselves.
1. Lower taxes everywhere. In fact repeal the 16th amendment.
2. Tax consumption and NOT income – consider the Fair Tax seriously.
3. Cut spending on the thousands of programs government need not be involved in.
4. We need LESS government and LESS government employees.
5. Drop the whole pro-choice, pro-life thing. Keep religion OUT with politics.
6. Stay out of peoples bedrooms.
7. Stay out of people wallets.
8. Get rid of Sarbanes-Oxley.
9. Focus on protecting people's lives, liberty, and property.
10. Sorry guys and gals – vote yourselves term limits – it is supposed to be momentary representation not a career.
Do these 10 things and you will get millions of votes.